Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Keri Hilson On The Cover Of Complex



Keri Hilson is on the cover of Complex Magazine this monthwith some to die for heels! She talks about her first big check and why she's not in to being on blogs.


"On her first check right out of high school:My very first check was for Ruben Studdard’s first album, like $25,000. And my family was like, “What the hell is this? This is what you’ve been doing? Who the hell brings home a check like this?” They’re thinking $2,500 here and there, whatever. It was crazy.

On whether she’d consider herself a gold digger:Not at all. I’m closer to the girl on [Timbaland’s] “The Way I Are.” You don’t have to buy me drinks or bottles, don’t flaunt—take your swag off. We can go Dutch. I’m more into a man’s intellect, more into a guy who can enlighten me. I don’t want to sit here and talk about your bank account. What’s important is that you have goals, and you’re mobile.


On not being on blogs as much as her counterparts:I’m not camera-hungry. That was never part of my dream, to be overexposed. I’d much rather be mysterious."

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home